If you ever wondered when tax returns and payments are due, outside of the COVID-19 exceptions, here are a few of the more common ones.
- Statement of remuneration paid (T4) – February 28
- Return of investment income (T5) – February 28
- Trust tax return (T3) – 90 days following the trust year end (December year end would be due March 31)
- Personal tax (T1) filing and payment – April 30
- Personal income tax (T1) of a sole proprietor filing deadline – June 15
- Corporation income tax return filing due date – 6 months following year end of company
- Corporation income tax return balance owing due date – depending on the type of corporation it could be two months or three months following the year end of the company