FAQ – Temporary Wage Subsidy for Employers
1. What is the Temporary Wage Subsidy for Employers?
The Temporary Wage Subsidy for Employers is a three-month measure that will allow eligible employers to reduce the amount of payroll deductions required to be remitted to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
2. Which employers are eligible?
You are an eligible employer if you:
- are a non-profit organization, registered charity, or a Canadian-controlled private corporation (CCPC);
- have an existing business number and payroll program account with the CRA on March 18, 2020; and
- pay salary, wages, bonuses, or other remuneration to an employee.